Fort Lewis Mesa Public Library Updates: Happy news! Starting today, Monday, May 11, our FLM Branch Library will begin offering curbside pick up. Here are some of the specific details...
1. May Schedule: Monday to Friday, 11:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m.
2. June Schedule: To be determined
3. Requesting Library materials: Call 970-588-3331 ext. 3802 or email Chris at email@example.com. You can request general subject matter or specific titles found in the library catalog at destiny.durangoschools.org.
4. Materials Pick Up/Returns: You can pick up your materials from the library pick-up bin or by calling the library from the parking lot; they will bring your materials out to you. You may also return previously checked out material in the library return bin. Both bins will be located by the front door. Don't have a library card? You can fill ou the application on the website at https://swlplibrarydistrict.org/home/register-for-a-library-card/ or by phone.
5. To ensure our safety as well as yours, we are following all sanitizing protocols.
5th Grade Open House for Escalante: For families of 5th graders attending Escalante Middle School next year, they will hold open houses this week. They will conduct three identical virtual 5th grade "Open Houses" utilizing Zoom. The Zoom sessions cap at 100 people hence the three sessions: you only need to attend one of the three sessions. If you cannot get in, please try another session or reach out to EMS Principal, Jeremy Voss directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect around your child's transision to middle school. The topics to be covered in these sessions are:
~What does the schedule look like for 6th graders?
~How are teams determined?
~What classes will my child have throughout the day?
~How do lockers work?
~What activities are there for 6th graders?
~ What is EL education?
~What can I expect as my child developes into a young teenager?
In addition to the more traditional questions, they will discuss the impact the school closure has on the transition and different possible scheduling scenarios for 2020-2021 due to the COVID Health Crisis. Also, there will be an opportunity for questions and answers at the end of each session . Here are the three Zoom sessions dates and times; please check your email for the Zoom log in and password specifics that will be forthcoming.
Option 1: Wednesday, May 13, 7 p.m.
Option 2: Thursday, May 14, 4 p.m.
Option 3: Friday, May 15, 8 a.m.
Returning Student Work: Now that we have student work return bins in front of the school, we are seeing a lot more student work. Great job families! Keep it up! We aim to keep instruction and feedback as fluid as possible. Weather you return your student's work digitally or in the bin, it allows us to provide feedback to the students and better support them in their learning. If returning work is ever an issue, please let us know so we can help your family.
Chromebook return process: In the next few weeks, all devices issued to students are due back to our school. If you borrowed a Chromebook, we will be in touch soon regarding the return process.
Please remind our amazing students that no matter where they are, they are roadrunners and Fort Lewis Mesa ROCKS! Our students are: Responsible, Observant, Courteous, Kind, and make Safe Choices! We miss you all!
May you get outside and enjoy the sunshine!
Jenny Imel~ Principal