~Thursday and Friday, May 28th & 29th~ Student materials Pick up (See below)
~ Friday, May 29th~ Last day of Instruction (No more work assigned to our students)
~ Wednesday, June 3rd~ Last day for student to turn in work
~The week of June 8th ~ Report cards will be mailed home
FORT LEWIS MESA PUBLIC LIBRARY:
Don't forget...our FLME Branch Library now offers curbside pick up and returns (students can return their library books in the library bin out front of FLME).
~May Schedule: Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
~To request library materials: call 970-588-3331 ext. 3802 or emails Chris at email@example.com. You can request general subject matter or specific titles found in the library catalog at destiny,durangoaschools.org
~ Don't have a library card? You can fill out the application on the website at https://swlplibrarydistrict.org/home/register-for-a-library-card/ or by phone.
PERSONAL BELONGINGS PICK UP:
Please see the information below so you know what days and times you are scheduled to pick up your student's materials. If you have more than one child, you can pick up all their belongings during one of your scheduled times.
5th Grade~ Thursday, May 28th ~ 10 am-12 pm
4th Grade ~ Thursday, May 28th ~ 10 am - 12 -pm
3rd Grade ~ Thursday, May 28th ~ 12 pm - 2 pm
2nd Grade ~ Thursday, May 28th ~ 12 pm - 2 pm
1st/Kinder/PreK ~ Friday, May 29th ~ 10 am - 12 pm
***Chromebook returns ~ Thursday & Friday, May 28-29 during materials pick up times listed above.
1. Come to the FLME during your deisignated pick up time.
2. Pull up to the front of the school. Please do not exit your car!
3. Tell an FLME employee (wearing a yellow vest) your child's name and teacher. If you are picking up materials for another student, you must have a written note with permission.
4. Please wear a mask.
5. The FLME employee will bring your student's belongings to you. Check to make sure that you have all of your belongings.
6. If applicable, return borrowed library books and Chromebooks; give these materials to the FLME employee.
life is really tricky right now. Another principal shared this article with me, https://childmind.org/article/what-to-do-and-not-do-when-children-are-anxious/ so I am sharing it with you. It is a great read and hopefully provides some additional strategies to support us, and our little humans, during this time of so many unknowns. I am thankful for our FLME community and miss seeing our students on a daily basis. Thank you for supporting our school!
Virtual high five from me to you!
Jenny Imel~ Principal